Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brendan Foley

Brendan Foley is a writer, producer and director.

He is the writer and producer of Johnny Was, a feature film action thriller starring Vinnie Jones, Eriq La Salle, Lennox Lewis, Roger Daltrey and Patrick Bergin, and writer-director-producer of The Riddle and Bog Bodies.

His books include the WWII bestseller Under the Wire.

I recently asked him what he was reading. His reply:
I'm just finishing a third movie in three years so I'm just getting back to reading at last. I'm rereading Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban, set so far in the future that society is just returning to the hunter gatherer versus farmer stage, after some long forgotten cataclysm. One of the greatest books ever penned.

On a lighter note, I'm reading The Thunderbolt Kid, Bill Bryson's very funny account of growing up in 1950s America.
Visit Brendan Foley's website.

--Marshal Zeringue