Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Melody Carlson

Melody Carlson has published over ninety books for adults, children, and teens, with sales totaling more than two million and many titles appearing on the ECPA Bestsellers List. Several of her books have been finalists for, and winners of, various writing awards, including the Gold Medallion and the RITA Award.

Her recent books include Lost in Las Vegas (Carter House Girls: Book 5), What Matters Most (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Maya, Book 3), and Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah (86 Bloomberg Place).

Earlier this month I asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
Right now I'm reading Last Go Round by Ken Kesey. It's not my usual read and I have to admit, it's not even my favorite style of writing. He changes point of view a lot, doesn't write chronologically, and takes a lot of liberty with historical facts. And yet it's an enjoyable book. The reason I picked it up is because I'm working on a book set in Pendleton Oregon, which includes some of the same historical background found in Kesey's book. So I guess you could say I'm researching. Interestingly, Ken Kesey and I are from the same area (near Eugene Oregon) and before Kesey's death, we shared a mutual friend who actually gave Kesey one of my books.
Visit Melody Carlson's website and Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue