Friday, August 26, 2011

Elana Johnson

Elana Johnson's debut novel, Possession, is now available from Simon & Schuster.

She wishes she could experience her first kiss again, tell the mean girl where to shove it, and have cool superpowers like reading minds and controlling fire. To fulfill her desires, she writes young adult science fiction and fantasy.

Johnson is the author of From the Query to the Call, an ebook for writers to read before they query.

She also runs a personal blog on publishing and is a founding author of the QueryTracker blog. She blogs regularly at The League of Extraordinary Writers, co-organizes WriteOnCon, and is a member of SCBWI.

I recently asked Johnson what she was reading. Her reply:
Right now, I have an advanced reader’s copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door. I’m a huge sucker for romance, and based on Stephanie Perkins’s first book (Anna and the French Kiss), I know I’m going to get my kissing fix.

Besides romance, I love books that move quickly, with characters that I can really feel something for. One of my recent faves is Chime by Franny Billingsley. An intriguing character with big problems and a handsome boy. What could be better?
Visit Elana Johnson's website and blog.

--Marshal Zeringue