Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Bridget Siegel

Bridget Siegel, author of Domestic Affairs: A Campaign Novel, has worked on political campaigns at the local, state, and national levels. A graduate of Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service, she is now an actor, writer, and political consultant. She lives in New York City.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Siegel's reply:
I love getting lost in a book and since my favorite reading spot is where I wrote my book -- on the NYC subway -- a great book will usually lead to me missing my stop and getting lost for real. Since my taste varies broadly, you'll find me on the subway these days, getting lost with...

Dr. Vigilante -- a soon to be released medical thriller by Alberto Hazan. It's one of those books you get so frightened and tense reading that when there's a sudden sound on the subway you literally jump out of your seat.

About A Girl -- Lindsey Kelk's new novel with characters as feisty as all of her others. It's superbly entertaining and allows me to think in an English accent, one of my favorite things to do.

The Miracle Carb Diet -- Tanya Zuckerbrot. My ideal meal, much like that of the character in my book, is a bag of Doritos, so the fact that this book has gotten me to accept that healthy food can be delicious is certainly a miracle to me.

The Age of Greed -- Jeff Madrick. It's got the information of a textbook but reads like a novel. I've never enjoyed learning as much.

Fly Away Home -- Jennifer Weiner. She's my hero of character writing. The people her stories come off the page and into your head so easily and with such vivacity. This book is no exception.
Visit Bridget Siegel's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Domestic Affairs.

The Page 69 Test: Domestic Affairs.

--Marshal Zeringue