Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Glen Weldon

Glen Weldon is a freelance writer, book critic and movie reviewer.

His new book is Superman: The Unauthorized Biography.

Earlier this month I asked Weldon about what he was reading.  His reply:
I'm taking my sweet time meandering through George Saunders' Tenth of December, putting the book down at the end of each story because I want to spend as much time as I can with it. Man, that guy. I've read every story already, in The New Yorker or wherever, but collected like this I'm finding they keep caroming off one another at oblique angles.

A Saunders story is dependably funny, human, wise. And I want to say ... matter-of-factly heartfelt? Is that a thing? Can it be? Because he's not afraid of big emotions, but he's always careful to earn them.
Visit Glen Weldon's website and follow him on Twitter.

The Page 99 Test: Superman: The Unauthorized Biography.

--Marshal Zeringue