Saturday, May 25, 2013

Kit Reed

Kit Reed's books include a new novel, Son of Destruction and The Story Until Now: A Great Big Book of Stories, which features some Reed classics as well as her personal favorites over several decades, including six new stories, never before collected.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading: Her reply:
Right now I'm loving American Dream Machine by Matthew Specktor, a Tin House book that's so good that I have to save the last chapter until the house is empty which it isn't right now.

As to what I've read? Too many to talk about -- when I think about it, Peter Heller's The Dog Stars floats to the top.

As for who I have read that influenced me mightily? The first four grafs of last summer's essay for the Library of America say it all.
Visit Kit Reed's website.

My Book, The Movie: Son of Destruction and The Story Until Now.

--Marshal Zeringue