Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Elana K. Arnold

Elana K. Arnold completed her M.A. in Creative Writing/Fiction at the University of California, Davis. She grew up in Southern California, where she was lucky enough to have her own horse--a gorgeous mare named Rainbow--and a family who let her read as many books as she wanted. She lives in Long Beach, California, with her husband, two children, and a menagerie of animals.

Her new novel is Burning.

Last month I asked the author about what she was reading.  Arnold's reply:
I am so proud that two of my favorite writers--Nova Ren Suma and Andrew Smith--blurbed my second novel, Burning. And I'm also thrilled that both of them have new books out this spring!

Nova's novel 17 & Gone is an eerie, inward-turning, mystery/nightmare. Technically, I'm not reading it right now; I just finished it. But, like Nova's first YA novel Imaginary Girls, I know I will be reading 17 & Gone more than once.

Andrew's novel Winger is absolutely fabulous... so far! I am on page 97. Winger is mostly straight text, but frequent illustrations give additional insight to the main character's mind. Andrew's books are always hilarious, irreverent, and brilliant.
Visit Elana K. Arnold's website and blog.

Writers Read: Elana K. Arnold (November 2012).

--Marshal Zeringue