Friday, May 23, 2014

Paul Durham

Paul Durham was raised in Massachusetts and attended college and law school in Boston. He now lives in Exeter, New Hampshire, with his wife, two daughters and an enormous, bushy creature the local animal shelter identified as a cat. He writes in an abandoned chicken coop at the edge of a swamp and keeps a tiny porcelain frog in his pocket for good luck.

His new book is The Luck Uglies.

A couple of weeks ago I asked the author about what he was reading. Durham's reply:
I tend to read within the genre that I write, so that means I've been devouring a lot of middle grade fiction lately. On my desk at the moment is The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw by Christopher Healy, the third book in his League of Princes trilogy. I read the first two books in the series with my daughter and they inspired her to write her first fan letter. Chris writes humor as well as anyone and I was recently lucky to go on tour with him. He's also a great performer and the school visits were a ton of fun.

Next up, I'm very much looking forward to The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier. His debut, Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes, was wildly original and inventive, and I'm looking forward to the darker, creepier tale that The Night Gardener promises to be.
Visit Paul Durham's website.

--Marshal Zeringue