Sunday, October 23, 2016

Jan Fedarcyk

Upon her retirement in 2012 Jan Fedarcyk was the only woman to lead the FBI’s prestigious New York Office as Assistant Director in Charge.

Fidelity, her first novel, draws upon her twenty-five years of experience as an FBI Special Agent.

Recently I asked Fedarcyk about what she was reading. Her reply:
The complicated challenges that America faces in the area of national security continues to drive my interest in non-fiction books that shed light on these issues. I tend to have at least two books that I alternate reading, and these can be historical or about current events that will define us for generations to come. Right now, I’m nearly finished with The Billion Dollar Spy by David E. Hoffman and The Terror Years by Lawrence Wright.

Previously, I was absorbed by Joby Warrick’s Black Flags: The Rise of ISIS and Spy Wars by Tennent H. Bagley. Even as someone with former government experience who understands the work of the intelligence community in countering threats, these books shed different insights on the pervasive threats posed by spies and terrorists. It’s no wonder that when I read fiction, I gravitate to the thriller genre!
Visit Jan Fedarcyk's website.

My Book, The Movie: Fidelity.

The Page 69 Test: Fidelity.

--Marshal Zeringue