Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Jane Corry

Jane Corry is a writer and journalist and has spent time as the writer in residence of a high-security prison for men–an experience that helped inspire My Husband’s Wife, her suspense debut.

Corry's latest novel is Blood Sisters.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Corry's reply:
Last night, I finished reading a proof copy of BA Paris’ new novel Bring me Back. It’s written in the first person from the point of view of a man who left his girlfriend in the car at a motorway station and then returned to find she had gone. I don’t want to give away the twists but the hero has a past which might - or might not - have contributed to her disappearance. I was particularly keen to read the book because I met the author last year. I help to organise a literary festival in my seaside town and BA Paris was one of our speakers. The novel made me think about how well we think we know others - and how well we know ourselves. It also made me go back to see how the author planted seeds throughout the book in order to achieve the final twist.
Follow Jane Corry on Twitter and Facebook.

My Book, The Movie: My Husband's Wife.

The Page 69 Test: My Husband's Wife.

--Marshal Zeringue