Saturday, February 3, 2018

Nina Sadowsky

Ballantine published filmmaker Nina Sadowsky’s debut thriller, Just Fall, in March 2016. She is developing a TV series based on the book. Sadowsky has written numerous screenplays and produced many films including perennial favorite The Wedding Planner. She also teaches script development and producing at USC’s School of Cinematic Arts.

Her second novel, The Burial Society, is now out from Ballantine, and she has just concluded a deal to make the thriller the first of a three book series.

Recently I asked Sadowsky about what she was reading. Her reply:
I love mystery, crime, suspense and thrillers. I always have, starting with my very first Agatha Christie when I was just a kid. Most of my reading is within that sphere and it’s also the sandbox I play in as an author. Exploring our darkest inclinations is my way of understanding them. And virtually every aspect of family, society and culture can be examined through this lens.

As a human being and as a writer, I’ve always been intrigued by what makes us connect to others and what keeps us apart. I also firmly believe that all strong story-telling is rooted in rich, fully developed characters whose organic actions drive the mechanisms of plot.
Visit Nina Sadowsky's website.

--Marshal Zeringue